Lookin Lively Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So, I've decided to start a Thankful Thursday spot on my blog. So, for my first Thankful Thursday, I select my Momma.



"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." - Washington Irving




Kathy Lively is my rock.
She is kind and caring...she is witty and wise.
She is tough when I don't even know I need her to be...she is gentle when I have been tough enough on myself.
She taught me to value myself...she taught me to value everyone else.
She showed me how to be assertive....she still worries about me when I get a cold.
Her love is unchanging and steady...even when I make mistakes.
She taught me to learn from those mistakes...not to let the lesson pass me by.
She showed me how to lead...she taught me it's ok to follow sometimes.
She shows me to love God through my actions...not just through my prayers.
She taught me it's ok to let it go...she taught me to keep fighting for it.
She taught me to be my best...she taught me to love me for who I am.
She gives me advice when I need it...she just listens when I don't.
She is my number one cheerleader at everything I do...she is there when I win...and when I don't.
She taught me to work harder...she taught me to enjoy my life.
She taught me to cook...she encourages me to keep trying to cook.
She taught me it's okay not to be everything to everybody....she taught me to be the everything to the people that need me to be.
She tells me when I'm right and backs me up...she tells me when I'm wrong...and backs me up.
She taught me to laugh through the tough stuff...she taught me to cope.
She teaches me to be humble...she teaches me to dig deep for my best.
She pushes me to be my best me...she helps me up when I'm not.
She makes me feel like I am the most important thing in that second...she doesn't know she is important to so many people...in so many seconds.
She taught me how to be a lady...she taught me how to play sports.
She taught me that life isn't always easy...she taught me that the downs are as important as the ups.
She taught me how to drive...she still hits the brake in the passenger seat when I do.
She taught me to be proud to be a woman...she taught me to be a good wife.
She taught me how to put on makeup...she tells me I'm pretty without it.
She taught me to be accepting of others...she taught me to love.
She shows me every single day...what I want to be.
She taught me how to be a Mom...and I hope against hope...that I can someday be to mine...what she is to me.




Happy Mother's Day Mom. I love you so much, for everything you are..and everything you do. God gave me you...and for that, I will always be eternally grateful. I hope your Mother's Day is as wonderful as you are...

2 comments:

Mrs. Mierzwa said...

This made me cry! You are a great mom who has learned from one of the best :) Great blog!
-Mel

markoe said...

Just read this for the second time. We have been blessed with a great family. We have our quirks but no real jerks. Dysfunction is a great place to be, I think we all would find normal a bit boring.

Post a Comment