Lookin Lively Sunday, June 19, 2011

On Father's Day I'm reminded of all the things my Dad has done for me. The list is crazy long...but I wanted to hit a few high points.




My Dad showed me that real men do dishes and laundry.
My Dad showed me that real men TRY to do their daughter's hair. Many a birthday party I attended with a hot mess of a pony tail...but he tried! :)
My Dad showed me that great Dads get up at 5:15 to take their daughters to practice softball. Even when I was old enough to drive myself, he still went with me.
My Dad showed me that he supported me by driving all over the USA to take me to various sporting events and almost NEVER missed a game.
My Dad showed me what it meant to be a true partner to my Mom by sharing in the household work, giving us baths, and supporting my Mom in her career.
My Dad STILL shows me what it means to be a great Dad by playing baseball in the yard with his grandsons.
My Dad showed me what a it means to be a hard worker when he got laid off and mowed lawns and worked in hot stores to still provide for our family.
My Dad showed me that a father-daughter relationship is so special, we have a secret handshake-handshake to prove it. :)

Randy Lively is a stoic and sometimes quiet man who has a fabulous laugh, a huge heart, and big smile.



Thank you Dad for teaching me so many things...and continuing to be an amazing Dad to us and a phenomenal Grandpa to my sons! I love you and hope your Father's Day is as special as you are! It's not just on Father's Day that I realize how special you are, it's every day!



Also, Happy Father's Day for the first time to my brother! Happy Father's Day to  I love you both BIG TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment