Lookin Lively Friday, April 8, 2011

So, in my earlier post, I referenced the interview I watched on Oprah with Jenny McCarthy. I wanted to share a little bit more about that interview and how it changed my life.

Before that day...I had been through a lot of uncomfortable dates, online dating, and basically was over it. As a divorced mother of the two coolest boys in the world...I wanted to give them a complete family, like I had.



However, the harder I pushed for it..the worse it got. I realized that I hadn't fully turned it over to the Big Man Upstairs. I was still white knuckling the steering wheel, pretending I was listening...but I wasn't.

So as I turned it over...and spent a lot of time by myself...I began to remember how much I like myself. I remembered that I am an awesome Mom to the boys..and that's what I'm in charge of, not the rest.

During that time, I saw Jenny McCarthy on Oprah and it opened my eyes. Here is a snippet of that conversation, courtesy of www.oprah.com. Read it and think about it.

One thing Jenny didn't do after her breakup was place blame. "If I went and blamed him, I miss the lesson," she says.

A simple exercise helped Jenny learn what she needed to from the breakup. "I actually wrote down a list of all the things that I would say were blame," she says. "[I wrote], 'He did that.' And then I crossed off 'he' and I put the word 'I,' and then I reread them and I was, like, 'Oh my God.' I found my participation also and really used those as life lessons."

Jenny says the most important lesson she learned was that she didn't need a lover to have love in her life. "I came out of it going, 'I am the love of my life,'" she says. "Now everybody that comes into my life is just whipped cream, but I come in as the full sundae."


Through listening to her in that interview, I realized, I had to let go of the past, turn it over to God, and remember that I am the love of my life.


So now you know how Jenny McCarthy changed my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment